My Race To Win

Run with patience the race that is set before you. As followers of Christ, each of us has a customized race designed for our good and God's glory. I hope you are encouraged in your own race as I share lessons learned from mine.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Encouragement to keep following...

In our church's evening service this past Sunday, we sang 2 songs that were such a tremendous encouragement to me.  I love to really think about the words to songs as we sing them, and these two go right along with my most recent post.  Singing these brought tears to my eyes.  Another wonderful way to rehearse truth about God is through song.

I first learned I Will Follow (by Mac Lynch) when I was in high school.  Our tiny Christian school had an ensemble that traveled around to minister in local churches.  One of the songs we sang was I Will Follow.  I can't tell you how many times I've sung this since then, but it never gets old.  As a matter of fact, it's message grows sweeter.

I will follow Thee, my Savior, Where'er the pathway may go:
Thru' the storm or thru' the valley Or thru' great trials so low.

I will live for Thee, my Savior, Tho' war and strife mark the way.
I'm so weak, but Thou art mighty, So live thru' me day by day.

I surrender all, my Savior, I hold no thing back from Thee;
Every part is Thine to use, Lord, Thy living sacrifice be.

Refrain
I rest in Thee, trust in Thee, I place my life in Thy hands.
I will follow Thee, my Savior; Lead on, my Shepherd, lead on.

The next song was Trust His Word (by Ron Hamilton).  It's a beautiful reminder of how our great God, the Creator of the universe is interested in our personal lives.

Jesus made each star in Heaven; He created earth and sea.
He's the keeper of all knowledge, What is past and what will be.
Yet He offers His great wisdom So you will not lose your way.
Like a lamp it glows; ev'ry step it shows.  You can know His will each day.

He is not a distant stranger; He can be your closest friend.
And He'll always listen closely When you share your heart with Him.
Jesus walks the path beside you; He has been there all along.
And He'll guide your feet when your step is weak, And your strength is almost gone.

Refrain
Trust His Word!  Trust His Word!
All God's promises are true.  Trust His Word!
When your pathway disappears,
When your joy gives way to tears,
When your plagued with doubts and fears, Trust His Word!

What songs have encouraged you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment