My Race To Win

Run with patience the race that is set before you. As followers of Christ, each of us has a customized race designed for our good and God's glory. I hope you are encouraged in your own race as I share lessons learned from mine.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Gift


“God in His love always wills what is best for us.  In His wisdom, He always knows what is best, and in His sovereignty He has the power to bring it about.”

I have looked at this quote posted near my computer in the church office for several years…most of the last eight years, in fact.  Today, it came down….along with my kids’ notes and drawings, and my Auburn stuff, and photos….

The quote is true.  It is always encouraging to be reminded of the truth in it.  It is another thing altogether to see it played out in your life in a BIG way.

God, in His love, has chosen to give me my heart’s desire.

Sixteen years ago, I received my teaching degree.  I just assumed that my next stop in life would be school teacher.  God had different plans.  I worked in banking for 8 years – 5 of those years I was a corporate trainer (so I DID teach, just not in the traditional manner).  A lot changed in those 8 years. Having 2 small children made it nearly impossible to continue working until midnight and traveling, so I began praying about what God would have me do.  After several months of praying, God opened the door for me to work a very flexible, part-time schedule as our church’s secretary.  My new schedule allowed me to be at home, with my children more often.  As our family grew, my schedule would change to accommodate.  The job, which was more like a ministry, was ideal for our family.

Fast forward to now.  Another 8 years has passed.  All 3 children attend a Christian school.  God has been faithful to provide tuition all these years.  Over the past year, our job/financial situation changed dramatically.  God is faithful.  He has provided our needs in so many miraculous and unexpected ways.  He has used faithful family and friends to encourage and strengthen us.  My relationship to God has grown stronger – being truly God-dependent has a way of doing that to you.  The latest in the long line of miraculous and unexpected provisions for us is that I have a new job/ministry!  Not just any job…I get to be a teacher…at a school – my children’s school!!  There are too many details to name, but suffice it to say that God’s hand in this couldn’t have been more clear had He written it in the stars!

Today, my stuff came down.  It will get moved to it’s new home in my classroom.  I am so excited!!  Words can’t even describe it, really.  I’m trying not to drive my family crazy when I babble on about all the things I’ve been thinking about and planning.  I have tons to do over the next couple of weeks, and I may not have a chance to post again for a while. 

I just wanted everyone to know about my HUGE answer to prayer.  Honestly, I didn’t know if I would ever get to teach.  I am so thankful for this wonderful gift from God!

“God in His love always wills what is best for us.  In His wisdom, He always knows what is best, and in His sovereignty He has the power to bring it about.”


5 comments:

  1. How exciting! I am so glad that God opened up this opportunity for you. I am sure He will use you in many wonderful ways there. You are going to be such a great teacher, I know it. May be in a couple years I'll send my little one there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Kelly! What will you be teaching?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is perfect! And exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only rejoice with you since I too see this as a clear answer to the many prayers of many people. Personally, it is very difficult to think of pressing on without you all at KRBC.....I think you should have left your quote on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you Kelly! It is wonderful to see God working in our lives.

    ReplyDelete